Saturday, August 4, 2007

EARTH poster

I have committed more time to #18, recreate a poster you had as a teenager, than to any other assignment. Over the past few days I've been meticulously putting colored pencils to paper to recreate my memory of a rare environmental inspiration poster that hung (and perhaps continues to hang) in my old room in our house in Vermont. It's an awesome poster that's apparently worth $30 on eBay. I didn't imagine the amount of work involved in replicating it, but it's reminding me of my time in Waldorf school drawing tigers and wolves and fish etc.

Stay tuned for more video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never thought recreating a picture of an favorite old poster would be worth money. I guess if you have the talent of drawing, you can make any art piece worth money. I think you should making drawings, because it can really be fascinating and even take you somewhere in life.